-->

banner

banner

Monday, January 6, 2014

My 12 Beauty Resolutions

 

12. Experience More with Eye Shadows
I have a habit of drawing the perfect cat-eye, layering on coats of mascara and feeling complete. But it seems a simple cat-eye isn't cutting it these days - and I kind of like the new change. All of the glistening gold’s, shimmering browns and  metallic coppers in Urban Decay's Naked 3 Palette have definitely caught my attention... or should I say eye?!


11. Nail Maintenance
Manicured nails say a lot about the overall maintenance and upkeep of yourself. If I can’t find the time to stop by the salon to get a quick Mani & Pedi, then I will proudly wip out my manicure kit and file, buff and polish away. However, between cheerleading practice, weight training and constant tapping on the computer/phone, my weekly Mani’s last about 3 days. Sad right? So for my New Year’s Resolution I plan to make more time to file a broken nail or repaint a chipped nail. I'm looking for cute small kits to carry around with me in my purse; Sephora has a lot of Mani kits to choose from.


10. Embrace Natural Hairstyles
I have very curly hair, a mixture of 3C and 3B can describe my texture. Maintaining my curls takes a lot of product and work. In the morning the easiest thing for me to do is to throw it in a messy bun and head out. Although I enjoy this cute style, I've noticed that it is ruining my curl pattern and causing a lot of frizz due to the constant brushing. This year I am really excited about playing with different hairstyles and products to help define my curls, Shea Mousiture Curling Gel and Mousse have my name all over it. No more hiding these lovely locks!


9. Tinted Moisturizer
For the majority of 2013, I focused on clearing up my sensitive/oily skin my parents have blessed me with. Luckily I’ve managed to find a regimen that has worked wonders for my overall skin tone and complexion, I haven't had a breakout in months *see Drink Your Way to Clearer Skin*. Now that my skin is feeling at its best, I think it’s time to take on a foundation - a light foundation. With my schedule anything to heavy will require more work than I can allot for, which is why I have my eye on Nars Tinted Moisturizer. I already adore their products, so I'm sure I wont be let down.


8. Monthly Leg Waxing
Okay, let’s admit it.... Shaving is horrible; it’s terrible- point blank. I swear every time I shave my legs my hair grows back twice as fast and with a vengeance. This is why I’ve traded in my razor for a wax appointment. Yea, this barter may sound a bit painful, but ill choose a 20 minute session of silky smooth legs over an agonizing daily shaving session any day. I'm still on the lookout for a great spa, anything with a scenic beach veiw has got my vote!


7. Master Perfect Blowout
I’ve mentioned my hair before on my resolutions list, clearly I'm [proudly] obsessed with these locks of mine! Although I plan on embracing my curls for the majority of the year, nothing beats a perfect blowout. There’s just this undeniable confidence you feel when your hair is blowing in the wind. I'm saving for the Featherweight T3 Blow dryer, T3 Flat Iron, a professional hair dryer, Kerastase Ultime line and aloooot of rollers. I’ve sat in the salon chair for years watching their technique, I'm sure it can’t be that difficult... right?


6. Lip Gloss! Lipstick! And Lip balm!
There’s this quote that has been floating around social networks which reads “Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick and pull yourself together -Elizabeth Taylor". While I may have the drink part down pat *sips mimosa*, I'm still working on the lipstick part. I've always been a neutral hue type of girl when it came to lip color, but recently I’ve been dwelling onto the brighter side of things and experimenting more with color. I've noticed that lipstick not only completes my outfit, but it immediatly changes my mood, it just makes me feel sexy and I want to feel sexy everyday this year! Nars matte lipsticks have been my favorite so far, I’m looking forward to try other brands such as YSL and MAC.


5. Foot Detox - Clean Start Miami
I stumbled across Clean Start Miami on instagram, and have been trying to book an appointment for months, but my schedule just wont allow it. However I will no longer deny my precious feet of this well needed royal treatment. The Iconic Foot Detox at Clean Start Miami removes impurities from the feet which have the potential benefits to improve a number of health related issues such as; Fatigue, Obesity, Sleeplessness, Poor Concentration, Hormonal Imbalance and many more. Check out their website CleanStartMiami.com


4. Healthier Teeth
Okay, I'll admit it, I probably don't brush the recommended 3+ times a day, floss between meals or gargle and rinse as much as I should. But really, how many of us do? This is why I’m really making an avid attempt to take care of my pearly whites. There are a lot of natural DIY oral remedies that I'm looking forward to trying; I'm planning on developing a regimen I can stick to for a while. If the DIY treatments arent as effective as I'd like them to be, then I'll def. purchase the Glo Personal Teeth Whitening Device, I've heard great reviews.


3. Take Daily Vitamins
Popping pills isn't always a bad thing, contrary to popular rap songs these days... Well maybe those are, but the pills I'm referring too are vitamins. I've just ordered my Viviscal hair vitamins and can’t wait to start my journey to long healthy hair! Yes, I am obsessed with my hair. The other vitamin I am looking forward to trying is Maca Root. This supplement is extremely good for energy - which I seem to run out of throughout my 12hr workdays. Also it has powerful stress fighting adaptogens which puts you in a positive mood all the time. Hello Mondays!



2. Find New Eyebrow Guru
I’ve established that I am obsessed with my hair; however my eyebrows equally hold my attention. I’ve been going to the same eyebrow esthetician for 7 years. I'm very faithful when I find a guru. Unfortunately my guru has relocated to a different state and left me....untamed -literally. So now I'm on the hunt for a new lifelong friend/eyebrow guru. I've got my eye on a couple of places and people. @lucyrbrows is my top pick for now, something tells me I won’t be let down :)


1. Embrace Flaws
Beauty comes in all shapes, sizes and colors. There is no one particular description of what beauty is, because it is everything. I will spend 2014 embracing everything about me, from my unruly hair to my funny shaped toes. Why? Because in order to be beautiful you must feel it. Beauty truly does come from within, it’s something you radiate, not something you see. So here's to; embracing my flaws, smiling more, and feeling great! 2014 will be a BeYouTiful year!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment